- Park Place Drive In - 2 minutes
- Lincoln Theatre Inc - 4 minutes
- Handsome Molly's - 4 minutes
- Herb House Trading Company - 4 minutes
- Town of Marion Community Pool - 4 minutes
- Smyth County Museum - 5 minutes
- Hungry Mother State Park - 8 minutes
- Holston Hills Country Club - 8 minutes
- Settlers Museum - 14 minutes
Lincoln Theatre Inc
The Lincoln Theatre in Marion, Virginia, is one of three existing Art Deco Mayan Revival theaters in America. The Lincoln Theatre is on the National Register of Historic Places and is a Virginia Historic Landmark. Beautifully restored in 2004 by a $1.8 million renovation and installation of state-of-the-art sound and lighting systems, the 500-seat theater is a presenting organization and a programming facility.
Hungry Mother State Park
Hungry Mother has a sandy beach with bathhouse, boats (fishing, canoe, kayak and paddle) and a boat launch, and a universally accessible fishing pier. Guests also enjoy its campgrounds, cabins, gift shop, visitor center, six-bedroom family lodge that sleeps 15, hiking and biking trails, and restaurant.
The purpose of the museum is to tell the story of the people who settled the mountainous southwest corner of Virginia and how its unique culture was developed. Visitors discover this as they move through the museum's Visitor's Center, 1890's School and Farm.